One word.

Thanks to Oh My Handmade! Goodness, for the past three years I pick a single word to focus on intentionally for the year. I can't remember what the first word I chose was, but last year's word was 'hustle'. Not the work til your sick hustle or the trying to sell used cars hustle, but the work hard and fast to get results type hustle. I knew I was too distracted during my work hours while G was at school which led to me working in the evenings when he was home & was I just not cool with that. So I chose the word hustle and focused on that while I worked - I had to hustle hard if I wanted to get done with my projects for the day before my son & husband got home.
 
Now I start work right at 9am every day and close the door to my studio right at 4pm every day and I get so much more more done than I ever did before, and I'm not working nights or weekends anymore, either! Focusing on that word changed my work ethic & led me to be more productive in what time I had each day.

So for this year, I thought long & hard about what word I wanted to focus on in 2015. Something that would apply to my life & business & bring about positive changes. Ultimately, I settled on quality.
For 2015, I want to spend more quality time with my family. I want to invest more quality time in myself. I want to make more quality investments in my business. I want to work on improving the quality of my product photos as well as the quality of my communications with potential wholesale clients by creating a proper line sheet with pricing & photos and working on my pitches. 

I feel like this is just the word for me this year. It fits so well in to all the parts of my life I want to work on & improve. So in 2015 I will be focusing on quality. Quality moments & quality movements. 

Do you pick a word to focus on each year? If so, what is your word for 2015?
Get your word for 2015 created by Colleen Attara

6 comments:

  1. I think my word will be "focus". I have very limited time to work when both kids are in school and I tend to get distracted by all the things. I definitely need to focus to become more efficient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we can all use a little more focus in our lives! Great choice!! :)

      Delete
  2. I just did a post on my own word for the year. I chose curate. I like the reasons behind your word! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word for 2015! My word for the year is elevate - so many things in my life need an upgrade, both material and non-material things. I also choose a mantra, or phrase to guide me. This year's is "Progress, not perfection" because sometimes (okay, often) my perfectionist tendencies end up holding me back. I either don't start things because they won't be perfect or I take forever to finish things (or never finish) because I have to get them perfect. I'm finally realizing that perfection is nearly impossible...only took me 44 years to figure that out lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! Both your mantra and your word, such beautiful choices.

      Delete