peek into the process - Scrawny Girl

Hi guys, it's Shawna of Scrawny Girl again. Today I'm sharing a peek into my process! I hope you enjoy it!

I always start off with lots of sketching.

  DSCN3241 Next,

I move my sketch to my nice paper using the graphite paper. (Just follow the instructions on the package, it's super easy). Now you're ready to start painting!

  DSCN3244

When you start painting with watercolors, it's important to remember to keep your brush wet. The saturation of your color will depend on how much water you add to the paint. There are various techniques you can use with watercolors (that would be a whole other blog post or more), but when first starting out just have fun and do what feels comfortable.

  DSCN3248

 Here's my cowgirl all painted in.

  DSCN3250

 Inked and outlined.

  DSCN3252

Feel free to leave a comment with any questions about my process & see this post to learn more about my top picks for paint products!

connect with Shawna

1 comment: